For Teachers – Studies in History, Culture, Art, Life
Northampton County’s History:
Telling the Stories of our Nation’s Past
At the Sigal Museum, the Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society uses modern technology, interactive exhibits, and its unique and significant collections to bring people, places, and historic events to life for visitors of all ages.
Opportunities for You and Your Students
Enrich your students’ experiences. We provide tailored visits to supplement your curriculum and meet your teaching goals. Teachers will choose from a wide range of topic areas, such as Lenape ways, archeology, colonial life, conflict, and creative arts.
- Students can tour the museum in small groups led by museum docents;
- (Grades 3 – 5) Students can enjoy an informative, hands-on activity time;
- Students of all levels will benefit by the expertise provided by former teachers in planning & implementing each visit.
Did you know?
Field trip opportunities are available for all grades 2 – 12;
- Each visit is unique and determined by your classroom needs;
- We will arrange on street load-unload at our front door to ensure safety and ease;
- The society’s collections are vast and topics of discussion are endless. Think outside the box and we’ll work with you.
- We can provide lunchroom space if your students bring brown-bag lunches;
- We can provide catered meals if you’d like us to make those arrangement;
- Through the generous support of Lafayette Ambassador Bank, Embassy Bank, Merchants Bank, and PP&L Energy Funding Corp, funds are often available to cover the costs of your class visit! Ask if your Northampton or Lehigh County school district has signed on to receive FREE field trips through our state-approved EITC (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) programs;
- The Sigal Museum hosts more than 75 programs and events annually. Are you in the history loop? Sign up for weekly eblasts to ensure that you (and your students) become regular visitors to the museum;
- We also bring history into your classroom. Let us tell you about our Traveling Trunks.
PLAN YOUR STUDENTS’ FUTURE VISIT
Barbara Kowitz, Executive Director